Shannon Vineyards is situated in the Elgin Valley within the Kogelberg Biosphere with mountains on our western boundary and the Palmiet River forming the eastern boundary. The Elgin Valley which has long been regarded as the apple and pear centre of South Africa, now has some of the country's most highly regarded winemakers establishing vineyards in the area, testament to its obvious winemaking potential.
We focus on viticulture principles in order to reflect our commitment to winemaking as an expression of terroir. Technological surveys ensured that the correct grape variety, clone and rootstock combination was planted in the diverse ancient soil types. The vineyards benefit from the high altitude cool temperatures, as well as an abundant rainfall throughout the year and the prevailing cold summer wind, known as the "Black South-Easter" blowing in from the ocean 12 kilometres away. Viticulture practices and canopy management which enhance longer ripening periods capture in the wines, the broad spectrum of flavours created in the cool climate of our unique terroir!
- Samstag ist bei uns Focaccia-Tag!
- 04. Mai & 1. Juni - "ABENDSCHLUCK" für Sie & Ihn
- 17.04 - Ladies Weinabend "Der Frühling wird Rosé"
- 21. 04 - Weinparty "Sommerweine aus Galicien" mit Diana & Luis
- 18. 05 - Gib deinem Leben einen Gin
- 25.05 - Weinabend "Bodega Salentein" Argentinien
- 02. September - 2.Hof- und Weinfest
- eWine "The Shop"
- South Africa
- Red Wine
- White Wine
- Rosé Wine
- Sparkling Wine
- Sweet Wine
- Wineries of Zonin1821
- No Wine
No products found...