Castello D' Albola Chianti Classico Riserva DOCG 2013

€18,50
* Incl. tax Excl. Shipping costs
Article number:
CDACHIANTICLASSICORIS13
Unit price:
€24,67 / Liter
Availability:
In stock
Delivery time:
2-5 business days

Made from the finest Sangiovese grapes of the estate, this wine matures in oak for two years. Its tannins give the wine its extraordinary texture: they are as concentrated as the fruit is mellow.

schnell & sicher verschickt mit UPS
Versandkostenfrei ab 75€

Information

Made from the finest Sangiovese grapes of the estate, this wine matures in oak for two years. Its tannins give the wine its extraordinary texture: they are as concentrated as the fruit is mellow. It has a distinct tangy quality on the palate and rich fruit on the nose, with evolved tones of fruit and dried flowers. It is a wine that expresses perfectly the terroir of Chianti Classico, whose very landscape it captures in the bottle. One can detect the high-altitude vineyards in its finesse, the heat of the earth in its depth and the nuances of woodlands in its extraordinarily persistent bouquet. It is a wine to serve with succulent, rich dishes, to be drunk with respect for history but also with the joy of discovery.

Type of soil

The vineyard is situated at Pian d’Albola in the hills of Radda in Chianti, at an altitude of around 400 m. (1,310 ft.). It has a southerly exposure, and lies on well-structured clayey soils characterized by the presence of stones (the famous alberese found throughout the Chianti Classico zone).

Vinification and ageing

The must, which comes from grapes picked by hand, is placed in horizontal vinification tanks where it remains for around 3 weeks. Once the malolactic fermentation is complete, the wine immediately goes into oak casks for ageing. Maturation lastes 15 months: 10% of the wine goes into Allier oak barriques, the remaining 90% into traditional Slavonian oak barrels. This is followed by 12 months’ maturation in stainless steel and a further three months in bottle before release.

Specifications

Bottle Size
750 ml
Alcohol % VOL
13 VOL%
Acidity g/l
Sugar g/l
Grapes
95% Sangiovese, 5% Canaiolo
Barrel maturation
Maturation lastes 15 months: 10% of the wine goes into Allier oak barriques, the remaining 90% into traditional Slavonian oak barrels. This is followed by 12 months’ maturation in stainless steel and a further three months in bottle before release.
Allergens
contains Sulphites
Distributor
SG Wine Handelsgesellschaft mbh, Allerbogen 15, 29223 Celle

Reviews

Not yet rated

0 stars based on 0 reviews

Add your review

Tags

Add
Use commas to separate tags
Please accept cookies to help us improve this website Is this OK? Yes No More on cookies »

ab 75 €

Versandkostenfreie Lieferung

Schnell & sicher

verschickt mit UPS

+49 (0) 5141/3490218

Service & Beratung

eWine "Der Laden"

Shoppen & Weinproben in Celle

 

 

was added to your shopping cart

Out of stock

The requested quantity for is not available